In a perfect world, you wouldn’t need an excuse for a romance movie marathon. Or book marathon. Works either way, really.
Sadly, people (adults) frown when we (voracious readers) drop regular ‘adult’ responsibilities, grab a blanket, cookies and ice-cream to watch movies or read books at the drop of a hat. But I’ve created some great reasons (excuses, honestly) for us to go for it, anyway.
Perfect Reasons for a Romance Movie Marathon:
- It’s Valentine’s Day!!!
- It’s Almost Valentine’s Day!!!
- Valentine’s Day just passed!
- You just found a significant other,
- A friend just found a significant other,
- You just broke up with your significant other,
- Your friend just broke up with their significant other,
- You’re celebrating a holiday/ a special event/ something/ anything. Matter’s not what. (Valentine’s Day *wink*wink*nudg
- Your love life is non-existent/ pitiful/ inadequate/ on the rocks (select as appropriate),
- Your friend’s love life is non-existent/ pitiful/ inadequate/ on the rocks (select as appropriate),
- It’s been at least a week since the last one,
- It’s raining. No excuses needed here,
- http://www.orderyourbookboyfriend.com/ http://www.orderyourbookgirlfriend.com is currently offline,
- You almost know all the words to your favourite romance movies/ books but you think once more should perfect it,
- Someone who you thought was a friend says they’ve never seen/ read your favourite movie/ book,
- It occurred to you that someone you know is ‘such a romance movie/ book character’ and you just have to check,
- You didn’t get the secret admirer/ love letter your crush sent you through the mail. AGAIN!
- You’ve been humming your favourite romance movie theme for days and a marathon is the only known cure,
- You left the house yesterday and there’s simply no reason to do it again today,
- You’ve told family and friends that you’ve trained for a marathon. You just didn’t explain what type.
Honestly, if you need any more excuses than those perfect ones we just went through, I’m guessing you weren’t up for a movie/ book marathon in the first place.